Providers may resume services with fewer requirements on number of clients permitted. Effective Date – Monday, June 15, 2020
Phase II Guidelines
- Providers may now resume attending walk-in clients as well as those scheduled by appointment. Adequate time in between appointments must be maintained to properly clean and disinfect.
- Vulnerable populations (i.e. those persons over the age of 65 or with chronic medical conditions) should consider remaining home during Phase 2.
- Clients shall be pre-screened for potential COVID-related symptoms prior to arrival for the appointment using the following questions:
- Have you had a fever of 100.4 F or greater in the last 2 days?
- Do you have a cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat or loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
Those answering “yes” to any of the above shall have their services postponed for 14 days.
- Walk-in clients shall undergo the same screening at the door upon arrival.
- Employees/licensees shall be pre-screened with both the standardized questionnaire and a daily temperature check. Any employee with a temperature of 100.4 F or greater will not be allowed to work.
- Services shall not be performed on clients who show any sign of illness such as fever, cough, or runny nose. Signage shall be posted informing clients about this policy.
- All persons in the salon/shop/clinic are required to maintain physical distancing of at least 6 ft while services are not being rendered. Occupancy will no longer be limited to 10 persons, but the number of people present should be limited in order to maintain the 6 ft of physical distancing, including all support staff.
- In smaller facilities, the 6 ft physical distancing condition may require that fewer than 10 persons are present at any given time.
- Larger facilities (able to accommodate more than 10 persons while maintaining appropriate physical distancing) shall operate no more than 66% of their stations during Phase 2.
- Barbers, stylists, employees shall wear a face covering at all times. A cloth face covering is acceptable for this purpose.
- Clients shall wear masks as services permit. A cloth face covering is acceptable for this purpose. Signage shall be posted informing clients about this policy.
- Waiting area chairs shall be positioned to ensure 6 ft of social distancing. When possible, clients should wait outside of the shop/salon/clinic until called by their stylist/therapist.
- All existing infection control rules remain in effect and will be enforced. Non-porous surfaces shall be cleaned and disinfected prior to use. Porous items shall be discarded after a single use.
- Gloves shall be worn for all services as required by Rule. Licensees are encouraged to wear gloves for all other services when able.
- Handwashing shall be performed before and after each service.
- Practitioners shall maintain a record of the name, date, and contact information, for each client serviced for a period of one month. This may be accomplished using a sign-in sheet.