Indoor and outdoor venues may reopen for events up to 33 percent capacity. Effective Date – Monday, May 18, 2020. Social distance requirements must be maintained among performers, contestants and members of the audience.
Venues include auditoriums, lecture halls, movie theatres, other theatres, museums, arenas, sports venues, race tracks, stadiums, gymnasiums, auction houses, amusement centers, barns, exhibit halls, conventions centers and funeral homes. The list of venues also includes recreational facilities such as bowling alleys and trampoline parks. Gatherings subject to this directive also include, without limitation, community, civic, public, leisure, commercial and sporting events.
Phase 1 Guidelines
- A venue may reopen for events up to 33 percent capacity for the facility with a plan approved by the Secretary of Health. Plans should be submitted to adh.ehs@Arkansas.gov.
- Fifty (50) people or fewer in attendance is allowed without a requirement to submit a plan.
- The performers/players/contestants must be separated from the audience by at least 12 feet and must be limited in number to fifty (50) or fewer.
- Lines or cues for entrance, exit, making purchases or for other reasons must be marked or monitored for maintaining a distance of six feet between people.
- Seating must be arranged to maintain a six-foot distance between members of the audience.
- Family groups may sit together, but six feet should be maintained between groups.
- Every other row seating should be unoccupied to provide for six feet of physical distancing.
- Face coverings are required for all persons present, except for children under 10 years of age, who are exempt.
- Performers/players/contestants may be without a face covering if they are 12 feet from other persons.
- Signs must be posted at all entrances advising the public not to enter if:
- They have fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or loss of taste or smell.
- They have had known exposure to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Signs must be posted at all entrances advising the public that they may wish to refrain from entering if:
- They are 65 years of age or older.
- They have underlying health conditions including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, severe obesity, asthma or weakened immunity.
- Hand sanitizer stations must be available at all entrances and exits.
- Refreshments may be served. However, self-service operations, including, but not limited to, salad bars, buffets and condiment bars shall not be allowed.
- Catered events are allowed with caterer-served buffets or plated meals.
- Seating must be arranged to maintain 10-foot physical distancing between tables so occupied seats are six feet from seats at adjacent tables.
- The facility, including seating, shall be cleaned and disinfected before and after each use. Frequently touched surfaces shall be cleaned periodically during the course of the event. Products with EPA-approved emerging viral pathogen claims are expected to be effective against COVID-19.