Gyms and fitness centers may resume operations under Phase 1 guidelines that require the use of face masks except when exercising, daily temperature checks for employees and patrons, and social distancing of at least 12 feet while exercising. Effective Date – Monday, May 4, 2020
Phase I Guidelines
- Screening must be completed on entry for all staff and participants. Those who have any of the following characteristics should not be allowed to enter:
- Have returned from travel to New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, New Orleans or overseas within the last 14 days;
- Have had a fever of 100.4°F or greater in the past two days;
- Have a cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat or loss of taste or smell;
- Had contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days;
- Have compromised immune systems and/or have chronic diseases.
- Staff should wear a face covering or mask at all times. Patrons should wear a face covering except when actively exercising.
- Pools, spas, showers, saunas, etc. are prohibited at this time.
- Locker rooms are to be used only for storage of personal items. Maintain physical distancing while in locker rooms.
- Hand sanitizer should be available throughout the facility.
- Exercise machines or equipment must be sanitized after each use.
- Maintain proper spacing from others by working out with 12 feet between each person.
- Avoid personal contact at all times, including hand shaking.
- Individual training sessions, indoor group fitness classes and workouts that require a partner must maintain 12 foot spacing between each person at this time.